You Can’t See the Big Picture of Your Story When You’re in the Weeds
Aside from that, it just hard to be objective over something you’ve labored hours and weeks and months (and possibly years) over.
Developmental Editor in Las Vegas
I won’t bore you with talks about the Freytag model or what an inciting incident is, but I will tell you that I’m an objective, neutral party who will give constructive, not rude, feedback designed to help you enhance your first draft.
Trusting Your Editor
- You feel like your first draft can be more exciting or emotional
- You are a collaborative individual who’s passionate about the craft
- You can take constructive criticism
The Developmental Editing Process
- Improving character and dialogue
- Removing plotholes
- Improving scene and flow to better let the reader “fall into the dream”
- Enhancing literary and thematic elements
For as long as I’ve been writing, I’ve never considered using another editor. As a one-woman writing workshop who keeps fiction realistic, only Amanda has truly advanced my work. I count on her to help me guard against my own lazy habits.
We get compliments regularly from readers on how good our editor is to deliver such error-free manuscripts. We appreciate Amanda’s ability to turn around projects quickly and with an eagle eye for typos, misspellings, and punctuation errors.